Endlers U.S.A. Forum Index
Portal  •  Forum  •  Profile  •  Search   •  Register  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in   

Strain inheritance

Lord Lamington

australia.gif

PostPosted: 21.06.2014, 15:25    Strain inheritance Reply with quoteBack to top

I recently imported some mint yellow top sword wingei. Unfortunately, the male was DOA and I only have two females. I read that colour is all y-linked for endlers, so if I breed these with my peacock males, I'm assuming I'll get 0% throwbacks to MYTS, so I will have to import some more males in order to get this strain?
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSkype Name    
Robert
Administrator

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: 21.06.2014, 16:24    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Just give it a shot, maybe needs some generations.
But how recently imported?
Maybe the females produce some offspring, if they are no virgins.

Best Wishes, Robert.

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Lord Lamington

australia.gif

PostPosted: 21.06.2014, 16:31    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

They arrived on Wednesday and are in quarantine at the moment. I am just hoping the females survive and I can get some offspring if they have been naughty... Or if not, give them a peacock male and a see how they go. Maybe breed son to mother as well might speed things up.
The two females and dead male are very skinny according to importer. I think perhaps they were not fed enough during their holiday in Thailand (shipped to Australia from Europe via Thailand). Ah well. Fingers crossed that they make it Smile

Robert
Administrator

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: 21.06.2014, 16:43    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Endlers did surprised me several times, so why not this time?

Best Wishes, Robert.

Lord Lamington

australia.gif

PostPosted: 21.06.2014, 16:44    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Hoping for the best Smile
kanga

madagascar.gif

PostPosted: 22.06.2014, 00:55    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, good question which I dont know the answer for....haha..

First and most important, put the kettle on then make yourself a nice cup of tea then drink it and clam down.

Secondly, go to the local fish shop and get a package of Frozen blood worm, a small aquarium and a sponge filter if you got aquarium and sponge filter already then just get the package of FBW...then go home and wait....drive carefully.

when received fish from transhipper, put them in the small aquarium with clean water and feed them thr FBW until they are nice and fat this take a month...so more waiting....now the fun begin as if they impregnated already, fry will come out, if not, then get a best male out of your original peacock tank and put him over......I dont know what X marked the spot or Y things happen the ways they are.....that the fun of Endlers/Wingei. This colony building technic was passed onto me by Sifu....and now I past on to you. do remember to water change, a clean tank is good for observing the fish and also make the fish grow faster.....trust me I press my nose against the tank glass many time to look for fry....hihihi...

good luck my young friend, if more problems then call back.....we are getting older so we will not going anywhere....we're just here to annoying each others...hihihi....

Lord Lamington

australia.gif

PostPosted: 06.10.2014, 14:47    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

So far, peacock x myts (mint yellow top sword) fry look like the peacocks. They all have a very uniform phenotype, whereas the my peacocks have a lot of variety in their pattern. Will be interesting to see if F2 have any myts pop up.
kanga

madagascar.gif

PostPosted: 07.10.2014, 02:44    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Arent you guys packing up and moving out yet? This place will get closed down so move the topic over to the new forum.....Please

Jump to:   

Show permissions

Board Security

3920 Attacks blocked